Thursday, March 10, 2016

Provisionals Rate Training As Successful


As a training organization it is very important that we assess our program and progress. In effort to continue the improvement of the Provisional Program, the Provisionals were encouraged to complete an evaluation on their first semester training. With almost 100% participation, the group provided an overwhelmingly positive response.


Melanie Shackelford: “I have enjoyed hearing about all the volunteer opportunities. It makes me excited because this is really the reason I joined. I like how we have the opportunity to be part of a committee this year as well. I'm looking forward to volunteering.”
Leslie Whitehead: “I can honestly say, this year has surpassed my expectations of what the provisional year would be. I have felt this year has had a great balance of concise yet informative presentations and fun social time to get to know our Provisionals. Overall, my experience has been extremely positive. I look forward to completing this year!”

Laura Quinn: “I liked the three placements we were exposed to in the Fall and that we will get to observe exactly how placements work by being on one this Spring. I really think you've done an excellent job and appreciate all the time and effort you've put into making this a pleasant experience for us.”

Elizabeth Lewis: “I am so happy to be able to express to you how much I have enjoyed the first half of my first year with JLM. I have been so grateful for the friendships made at JLM and the encouragement by our leaders to really get to know the ladies, inside our own groups and out. I am beyond happy and feel very blessed to be a part of JLM and truly appreciate all of your time and hard work.”

Stephanie Perry: “My goals for joining JLM were to learn about the organization as a whole, experience local charities/non-profits so that I can volunteer or join a Board in the future, and meet more ladies in Midland. The Provisional program has accomplished all of those goals. The team leaders are amazing and I really appreciate their work to ensure we all fulfill our Provisional requirements.”

Lora Murphy: “I've really enjoyed the social aspects of the meetings and all the efforts to help us all get to know each other. The trainings and opportunities to volunteer have also been super helpful, both as ways to start getting involved in the community and as a great introduction to League membership. I'm excited about our spring placements, and I think they'll give us a great insight into places to get involved in our coming active years. This has really been such a great experience and something I'm so glad to be a part of.”


As the second semester training is underway, the Training Team has been busy planning more League education, training, and socializing activities. This year’s class is an exceptional group of ladies and will be true assets to our League.



By: Tonya Hancock, Provisional Chairman
This article originally appeared in The Tumbleweed. Read more online.

No comments:

Post a Comment